Monday 11 November 2013

China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple

I was a little disappointed with this year's China Glaze Halloween collection, didn't get any of them. But it made me dig up a color from last year's 2012 Halloween collection Wicked. It is called Bizarre Blurple! Even though this type of color is not that unusual, and I have several like this from other brands, this one is really nice and has a good formula. I usually wear this one on my toes because it is a little dark, but it is very nice on finger nails as well, especially shorter ones!

China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple
China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple - Flash






















Bizarre Blurple 80784 - This is a beautiful blurple, it is a very deep, warm, magical shade. It's a shimmer packed with tiny fine microglitters in blue and red. Don't worry, that sounds more funky than it is, the shimmer blends in beautifully and gives the color more depth, especially in the sun!

It tends to look a little bit metallic to me as well, but it isn't truly. I applied 2 layers for these pictures. The second one a bit more generous than the first one. It dries quite fast, dries up shiny by itself, but I recommend a top coat to make the depth created by the shimmer come out better. It's pretty easy to apply, just tends to flood cuticles if you're not careful, as the formula tends to be a little runny, but nothing bad. Nice, well pigmented polish.

I was only able to get the color out my using flash, all those without flash look way too blue! But the flash makes it a bit more glittery than it really is. Actually, my most true-to-life shot is one of my toes.. That one shows the finish best too. Here you go, my toetsies in the grass:

China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple
China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple - Under the direct sunlight

I love to use this glitter from The Face Shop on Bizarre Blurple. It's called Face it - BL601, for a full review you may click here. You don't notice it much but it gives it a little extra. It shows very clear on pictures, but when worn, it blends in nicely with the purple base and gives the overall look a nice color-shift. I have added it on my big toes in above shot. And below I added it as a detail to my index finger.

China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple and Face Shop BL601
China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple and Face Shop Face it BL601

















Above bottle for Bizarre Blurple shows just how much it glows, and how the color shifts inside the polish from blue to purple. Taken with flash.

China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple 80784
China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple 80784


















China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple - Without Flash

Here you can see just how blue it looks when I take pictures without using flash. When you wear it it looks purple! I promise! Please do NOT use this shot as a color reference, I have just added it here to show you the blue shift. 

China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple
China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple - Flash

















You see? Here it looks purple again! I took about a hundred shots for this color. These are my best, and they're not great either. I'm really sorry about that. It is so hard to photograph this color.

As always, I want to show you my full-hand shot. it looks a little dark in the shade (no flash), but this'll give you a pretty good idea of how it would look in the shade, and how dark it can look. Looks much more purple under the sun right? It's lovely either way.

China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple
China Glaze - Bizarre Blurple - Shade

































Do you have this color? Do you like it?



No comments: